Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Thank you Diane!

To the left you'll find my links to Diane Varner's Website. She has been nice enough to allow me the use of her images, for the time being, so long as it links to her. It's perfectly understandable and even quite gracious! Upon receiving my inquiry, she had (and always will have) every right to request compensation in lieu of removing her work altogether. Her gift is her hobby (quite possibly her job as well) and it's not my hiney out on a particularly chilly morning waiting for the right light to capture those shots. So really, I have no qualms with going back through here and ensuring each image is properly credited and properly linked.

As I've said before, her work is evocative, original and inspiring. With just one click of the mouse you come face to face with this beautifully simplistic yet unspoken message: Life is only complicated if you resist. As humans we have the choice to interpret what we cannot control as chaos... or we can learn to let go. I don't think you'll find a more genuine (and gentle) reminder of this often emotional if not impossible truth than in Diane's collection.

I feel honored that she's allowed me to enjoy her images on my site and will begin working on ensuring she's not shortchanged for her generosity.


Update: I'm experiencing technical difficulties. It's quite possible that I'll need to remove the images completely. I'm not sure yet. If that's the case, it would have nothing to do with her and everything to do with the fact that computers don't always let you do things exactly how you'd like. I'm still a huge fan though, that's a given.

Updated Update: I think we've conquered technology! Well, that or at the very least we've come to a resolution that accepts my gross inability to coax electronics into behaving properly. Regardless, please take the time to visit Diane and peruse her archives. It's like a vacation for your soul (fills in those places chicken soup couldn't touch)!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Mom, this is probably the last time I'll talk to you until we get back. I just want you to know that I love you so much. You are such an important part of my life. See you soon. Yo te amo. I love you. Again, and again, and again.
Adios!

Sorry, this has nothing to do with Diane Varner. although she is amazing. glad your computer is behaving. More love still.

Patti said...

I love you too sweetheart.