Monday, April 23, 2007

In light of the big things...


which are hugely serious and also already covered in every conceivable format (school, t.v., radio, print, internet, home), I've decided not to talk about carnage on here. Not this time. Not this place.

In my zen state of mind, I found two other quotes I wanted to give to you.
"No" is a complete sentence.

If you know your own worth what need you care about the acceptance or rejection of others.

A lot can be prevented if you simply learn to say "No" when you need to and learn to appreciate yourself as a beautiful fallible human. Do me a favor and take time today to think of at least one thing you like about yourself. Treat yourself as you would your best friend and admire who you are and how far you've come. Also, practice saying "No" to someone else's request for your time in favor of doing something that is important to you. Just make sure this person isn't your parent or boss and you're not saying "No" to putting your laundry away or finishing your daily work in order to garner more time for playing Taipai or classifying your boogers as they correlate to the US governments terror scale. Be reasonably generous...it can make a difference.

I had a little hand in helping to create you so if you factor in the hours of labor, the sleepness nights and the sheer volume of worry and grief I've taken on in your honor over the years...surely it's the least you can do.


Oh and if this is the worst use I make of my Maternal Right to Guilt-trip, then count yourself lucky. Seriously. I was going to go for the "mow my lawn free for life" option and chose to spare you at the last moment. See, even that had a hint of manipulation. I've got me some mad guilting skillz.


word.

No comments: