Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tooning Out

The title of this one isn't supposed to be a clever turn of phrase for "tuning you out" (which is rude & entirely unacceptable). It's supposed to be super cool and more along the lines of "rocking out". But you know, when someone has to explain their coolness, it probably means they missed the mark.

Oh well. I started making cartoons using a simple Paint program and pulled various graphic ideas for the people depicted from the inspiration collected while browsing emoticons and some were copied from the emoticons themselves. I alter them to resemble the people I know, including you kids. In my Paint program I don't have a lot of neato features so the images will not be perfect. I seek to make them readable and really just to share them with you guys.

I've found it to be a wonderful stress reliever and since I've always been the type of person to attempt to make things humorous when they could be anything but, the idea just works for me. It's satisfies my creative side a bit too. Hopefully I can make this a weekly thing. We'll see.

And yes, this is a cartoon likeness of our actual house AND my actual family. The events have not been changed nor the faces blurred because I just don't think it's my job to protect the guilty and the innocent need to face the truth that is our family. :-)




The moral of this toon is: DishwashING liquid is not the same as DishwashER liquid.

Write that down.

No comments: